Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Down the corner, I have a friend

Down the corner I have a friend,
In this gloomy city of Brummy accent,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year will be gone.
And I never see my friend's face,
For life is a swift and terrible race,
She (He) knows I like her (him) just as well,
As in the days when I rang her (his) bell.
And she (he) rang mine but we were younger,
fresher then.

And now we are busy, tired beings.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.
Sometimes even pissed off,
But that's just a face.
"Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on her (him)
Just to show that I'm thinking of her (him)."
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows.
Down the corner, or miles away,
what's the difference?
"Here's the email sir (ma'am)," "She (He) flew today."
And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
Down the corner, a vanished friend.

2 comments:

Σερσέμης said...

Very very nice mate. Very well written and deep.

Niki said...

it dosn't matter if u'r near or far, or if you talk constantly or don't, if w'r friends, we are friends no matter how long has passed that we didn't talk on the phone (or it matters? i can't remember which one ;D )

amoo jan halo ahval chetore? khubi? khoshi?