Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I am not gonna see Wind for a while. But I will be with Life, chaos, pen and picture

I gave all of my expectations to Wind. They were so heavy and if I wanted to take them as well, I should pay the fortune for them.

- So what should I do with them?
- I don't know. Give it to somebody who needs them.
- Charity then?
- I don't know man. It is too late to talk about it. I might miss the flight.

My flight number was pi, from mine to the other side of mine. I was just a little bit worry about the happy couple. I wanted them to leave and then fly. I hope they leave today or tomorrow.

- But you did your job man, no worries.

I was in the queue for the security check. It was a long long queue. We were still in the green zone so Wind was also nearby. He is marvelous friend, I should say.

- Did you say something?
- No man, I was just thinking about the flight.
- Don't think about it. Just do it.
- I know. I am already in the queue. There is no way back.
- But anyway man. I want you to keep them for your flight.

He put his hand into his pocket. He took a small book, a picture and a pen. He gave them to me.

- What the fuck man, I am not going to die. I will come back for sure.
- I know, but you are gonna need them in your trip.
- Man, this is very nice of you.

The small book was about Chaos Theory.

- I gave it to you to forget your expectations here. I am gonna take care of them or give them to a proper person. Just don't forget; You are responsible to read the book. Nobody is going to read it instead of you.
- I know man.
- And I think you have to solve the last 2 problems by yourself and with your common scenes. There is no information in the book about them. Just keep your nose open.

I took a look to the problems. The first one was a page full of scrambled letters and symbols from all languages and cultures. From C++ to Sanskrit and from complex numbers to set theories.

- This is the whole written knowledge of mankind. Try to find your sentence there.
- Data mining then?
- Sort of, but not exactly the same. I told you; there is no solution. You should build the whole procedure by yourself.
- OK, I'll try.
- You are not gonna come back with out the solution, you know?
- Yeah, I know.

The second problem. The page was empty.

- And the second problem man. It is about future. You have to draw your future in this page. You can come back without solving this problem. But you should at least sketch some lines there. You can do it actually when you are coming back, after solving the first one. The pen is for that.

- OK. But I have no fucking idea.
- Nobody has. That's why you should solve it.
- Fuck you man, when there is no problem, how can I have a solution?
- That's the thing. You should define the problem by yourself.
- One time I did it man, it is enough for my entire life.
- You think so?

I looked to the picture that he gave me.

- This picture is going to talk to you sometimes. It is real. Don't think that you are dreaming. It is you.

The picture was a picture of an infant in the arms of her lady fantasy. He continued:

- Sometimes let the pen to write by itself and the picture to talk by itself. Just give them the chance. This is your hint buddy. You are gonna solve the problems, I am sure.
- And if I didn't?
- You are not coming back then.
- Are you coming with me?
- No. I can't smoke in the plane. But I'll wait in the airport to give you a lift back home. I'll continue playing chess with that guys and drinking with drunk grandpa. He is a cool guy. He spent all of his life in the airport though. You are not gonna ended like that.
- I know. I don't want.
- Did you take your spirit.
- Yes, it is in my valet.
- OK then, Don't spend it too much.
- I am not gonna spend the spirit at all.
- Never say that, you never know. But remember what Maria told you.
- I tattooed it on my body.
- So you are not gonna forget it.
- No
- Good then.
- I gave the stamp back. I went there yesterday.
- Was she upset for the stamp?
- Not at all. She said that she was sure that "It's gonna be back"

We were following the queue toward the yellow zone.

- OK man, I leave you with your flight and your dreams. Just...
- Just what?
- Are you sure that you take everything?
- I am never sure, you know?
- Yeah,
- But I am kind of sure.
- If you need something ask.
- From whom.
- I don't know, just ask. Somebody is gonna respond.
- Are you sure?
- Fuck you man, You are never sure and you want me to be sure?

He was right. We hugged each other. I am not gonna see him for a while. That's life. She was a girl in the queue. She looked at me. I looked back. She smiled. I smiled.

- What's your name?
- My name is Life. And yours?
- Ali
- Nice to see you Ali.
- And nice to see you Life.

Wind disappeared. But I was sure where he was. Somewhere in this old planet smoking. It was me, Life, and a long queue to take the flight and some stupid dogs who are proud to be the security. Airports are dark comedy, particularly in this country.

No comments: