Wednesday, May 23, 2007

10:45 Birmingham, 1:15 Evin

"Iran is the only country in which a peaceful philosopher can be labeled as a spy and a human-right activist can be introduced as a traitor" Shirin Ebadi

When I heard that Haleh Esfandiari has been arrested, I immediately remembered my late friend Amir Esfandiari. He had a big belly, a web blog and a profile in orkut. But non of them exist anymore. They expired like his bones.

We have to be optimistic. She is still alive. There are tones of stuff about her in Internet, TV, papers, here and there. But what about him? The difference is just a first name: Amir, Haleh...Surname is the same: Esfandiari

(I remember the last email that he sent to me. A document was attached titled: Joining_Iran_to_WTO.pdf....It was written by him)

There is an ancient Persian belief saying good people die early...He was a good guy. But Haleh is also a good one.

This is a paradox, a logical paradox...

I've discovered that our surrounding is full of paradox. For instance this bloody time which has been sleeping for ages here in this boring office. Time here went to bed at 10:45 (AM or PM, I haven't got a clue) and then immediately froze in the clock. Even a single movement in the bed, nothing. The clock is like a quantum freezer which can take the time temperature down to -273.15 Centigrade, the zero of Kelvin

I was walking to university and constantly complaining about her shoes. Poor girl. It was a very nice weather and I had my "Trout Fishing in America". So it was double sin to go to the office directly. After a while, I jumped on the grass and started reading a short story about a trout who became a terrorist and another one who had a bookshop and the other one who was alcoholic and the one who didn't have condom. I really felt sorry for the last one, actually.

That's why I carry condom as a soldier carry his riffle. There is one always with me. You never know what's gonna happen...Last night I gave one to the moon to have a quickie with a lake. I went for a walk at 1:15 and I saw them in a park nearby hugging each other, touching each other, kissing each other, and well...

- Sorry sir, have you got a condom? She asked me like she was looking for a lighter.
- Yes, Yes. Here you go. I lighted it up for her.
- Are you smoking as well?
- Yes, sometimes.

When I was in late 17 or early 18, three things changed my life. The Doors of Perception, Pinkfloyd and a prostitute called angel-moon; in English, I mean. We were in my friend's house. My friend told me that her vagina is like a lake full of trouts although I was reading about trouts today at 10:45, in Persian though...

This is another paradox, a linguistic paradox...

When I saw the god-damn prostitute, I was a high school kid smelling a naked desire laying down on his friend's bed. Shameless whore had one leg horizontal and the other one up, like 10:45 or 1:15. I knew that I was not comfortable with this position especially for a holy job like fishing. Anyway I had never been that near to a lake in my life. Fishes were jumping out of the lake and my boat were getting bigger and bigger. At the end I understood that the best thing for me (and for lake as well) was just swimming. I took out my cloths and asked her if it is possible to jump in the lake. She told me: "I should never say NO". When I jumped in the lake I could manage to take some fish as well, because I was not stupid.

This is another paradox, a sexual paradox...


Through this time, I mean from a kid to a system freak, I swam in many lakes from all over the world. After I drawn in one, I realized that I should never ever say NO to three things: Having fun, a nice wine or a rolled-up and the truth in any from of existence, if there is any.

This is another paradox, a philosophic paradox...


It was 10:45 in my office and in the whole university. We were still sitting on the grass and she was telling me about that teacher in Basque country which I personally don't know him, (Simply, because I haven't been there in my life) but he was the reason that I met Aiora and Aiora was the reason that I met her and meeting her was the reason that I was sitting with her on the grass at 10:45 Birmingham time. So he is a very important person in my life; very influential.

This is another paradox, a modern paradox...

She went to her office. I spent more time to make sure that going to the office is not a sin anymore and of course I went to my office. The first person who said hello was a dirty bitch called 10:45. I still don't know her surname. AM or PM?

A simple arithmetic made me sure that Haleh should know this cheap old witch as 1:15, now that she is in Evin jail, Tehran. But she doesn't know her surname as well, I mean 10:45 of me and 1:15 of her.

This is another paradox, a perceptional paradox...

"I don't think that you need to know the surname of a prostitute if you want to make a business with her. You just need a number, some money and a horny hard penis"

Such a wise statement. Was it 10:45 or 1:15 when Amir told me that? He was still breathing on that time. He grabbed the phone and dialled an unknown number... The number was not answering...

This is another paradox, an existential paradox...

No comments: