Sunday, May 13, 2007

4:48 Psycosis

….
But you have friends,
What do you offer your friends to make them so supportive?
What do you offer?

100, 91, 84, 81, 72, 69, 58, 44, 37, 38, 42, 21, 28, 12, 7

Hatch opens
Stark light

The television talks Full of eyes
The spirits of sight
And now I am so afraid
I'm seeing things
I'm hearing things

.....

Tongue out
Thought stalled

The piecemeal crumple of my mind
Where do I start?
Where do I stop?
How do I stop?

At 4:48
When sanity visits
For one hour and twelve minutes
I am in my right mind
When it has passed
I shall be gone again

Remember the light and believe the light
Nothing matters more

Hatch opens
Stark light

A table, two chairs and no window
Here I am
And there is my body
Dancing on glass
In accident time where there are no accidents
You have no choice
The choice comes after

....

At 4:48
I shall sleep.
What do you offer?

Hatch opens
Stark light

And Nothing
Nothing
See - Nothing
Still black water
As deep as forever
As cold as the sky
As still as my heart
When your voice is gone

I shall freeze in hell

At 4:48
The happy hour
When clarity visits
Warm darkness
Which soaks my eyes
.....

Tindersticks

No comments: